procedure number out of range ...

Eoin Verling everling at comnitel.com
Wed Dec 27 10:56:54 GMT 2000

Hi,

I'm runnin Suse 6.3, latest CVS of SAMBA_2_2 and Win 2000 clients. I'm trying to set samba up as a PDC for Win2k, but I keep getting an error.

I have:-
* Created the machine account on the samba server
* created both a root and <user> entry in the ..../private/smbpasswd file
* Used the smb.conf as described in the documentation
* Set a domain name to an odd number of chars

When I try to log the Win2k machine into the domain I get:-
"The procedure number is out of range"

Am I missing something? Doing something wrong? I need to sort this one out!!!

cheers

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 192.168.1.13 (192.168.1.13)
# Date: 2000/11/27 12:04:59

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = COMNI
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        update encrypted = Yes
        root directory = /
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd
        unix password sync = Yes
        log level = 10
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
        domain admin users = root everling
        add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine -d /dev/null -s /bin/false %m$
        logon script = scripts\%U.bat
        logon drive = x:
        domain logons = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        guest account = ftp
        share modes = No

[homes]
        read only = No
        create mask = 0700
        directory mask = 0700
        locking = No
        oplocks = No

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/netlogon

Eoin Verling            _/ \_   2200 Cork Airport Business Park,
SysAdmin               / \_/ \  Kinsale Rd., Cork, Ireland.
Comnitel Technologies  \_/ \_/  Ph: +353 21 7305608
everling at comnitel.com    \_/    Fax: +353 21 7305624