Joining Windows 2000 to Samba as PDC

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Wed Dec 13 06:24:10 GMT 2000

At 09:34 PM 12/12/2000 -0800, Armand Welsh wrote:
>*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
>Anyone have any luck getting a win2K pro system to join a Samba PDC domain?
>
>I have tried it with both of the latest versions of Samba... 2.0.7, and
>2.2.0alpha1,

1. Certainly will not work with 207
2. Certainly will not work with the ftp downloaded 'snapshot'.
3. Certainly will not work if your domain has an even number of char in its
name.
4. Certainly will not work when the moon is in Orion....

Details on the website Domain Controller FAQ.

david
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au