how to change dfault port

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Dec 11 01:25:12 GMT 2000

At 01:51 AM 11/12/2000 +0100, Joshi, Shripad.G wrote:

Don't worry Joshi, I don't think he was actually niggling at you, there was
a reply to your message that contained nothing but a legal statement. Quite
possibly because someone is using a particular email client that encodes
html in message (or whatever). We keep asking people not to post such stuff
but ....

Richard's cool, he was probably just having a bad day.

I cannot help you with swapping ports, never tried it. But from memory I
think there are situations when clients don't like using a different port,
even if samba does. There are some docs in ~/docs/textdocs that discuss the
ins and outs.
David

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au