how to change dfault port

Joshi, Shripad.G shripad.g.joshi at csam.com
Mon Dec 11 01:33:05 GMT 2000

Thanks David
I would check the documentation
Regards

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bannon [mailto:D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 10:25 AM
To: Joshi, Shripad.G; 'Richard Sharpe'; 'samba-ntdom at lists.samba.org.'
Subject: RE: how to change dfault port

At 01:51 AM 11/12/2000 +0100, Joshi, Shripad.G wrote:

Don't worry Joshi, I don't think he was actually niggling at you, there was
a reply to your message that contained nothing but a legal statement. Quite
possibly because someone is using a particular email client that encodes
html in message (or whatever). We keep asking people not to post such stuff
but ....

Richard's cool, he was probably just having a bad day.

I cannot help you with swapping ports, never tried it. But from memory I
think there are situations when clients don't like using a different port,
even if samba does. There are some docs in ~/docs/textdocs that discuss the
ins and outs.
David

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au
..... Humpty Dumpty was pushed !

- NOTICE -

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information and is intended only for the use of the addressee named above.
No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
notified that you must not use, disseminate, copy it in any form or take
any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error
please delete it and any copies of it and notify CREDIT SUISSE ASSET MANAGEMENT
immediately.

except where the message specifically states otherwise and the sender is
authorized to state them to be the views of CREDIT SUISSE ASSET MANAGEMENT.

CREDIT SUISSE GROUP, CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON, and each legal entity in
the CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON or CREDIT SUISSE ASSET MANAGEMENT  business
units of CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON reserve the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through its networks.