PBS with passwd under W95...

herve colasuonno herve.colasuonno at inpg.fr
Thu Dec 7 11:22:10 GMT 2000

Hello !
I've a problem to change my passwords with window 95. I have a Samba
serverr PDC, and a NIS serveur which is not the same. if in [global] i
put :
[global]
    smb password file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
    unix password sync = Yes
    passwd program = /usr/bin/smbpasswd %u
i can change the lanmanager password on window95. But, the unix password
don(t change, and if i logout, and login, the passwd allow is not
lanmanager password, but the NIS passwd, i think. How can i force
smbpasswd to change lanmanager and nis password ?
Thanks a lot !

Hervé COLASUONNO
Ingénieur d'études
Laboratoire des Images et des Signaux (INPG)
mail : herve.colasuonno at inpg.fr
Rue de la Houille Blanche
38402 St Martin d'Hères
tel : 04 76 82 62 55