Policies?

Steeve steeve at eps.mcgill.ca
Thu Dec 7 15:45:56 GMT 2000

Shaun Lipscombe wrote:

> May not be a samba thing but how do I stop people on a windows 9x
> machine changing network settings?

poledit

Changes registry settings in,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies

> Shaun
>
> P.S.  Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am not too familiar
> with the windows world (thank god, because everything is backwards)

It's the damn path slash that bugs me the most (using
an escape char for a path slash, sheeeesh.)   BTW,
smbclient can use real path slashes so that one can
avoid things in scripts like,

smbclient \\\\server\\share

smbclient //server/share

--
steeve SysAdmin EPS McGill University Mtl Qc
:wq