Roaming profiles again

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Wed Dec 6 22:02:39 GMT 2000

At 09:36 AM 06/12/2000 -0300, filipi wrote:
>You may schedule in cron, to erase the I.E. cache inside de home of each
>user every night.
>
>If the the I.E. cache directory is /home/$USER/cache/
>you may do like this:
>
>find /home -name cache -exec rm -rfv {} \; > /var/log/cache_erase.log

I run a script that sleeps for a minute then removes the whole profile if
the user was a student.
Like this :

      root postexec = /usr/local/sbin/setprofile %u -R

This way they get the default profile next time they logon and nothing is
left on server. Further, local profiles are turned off.

david

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au