Joining a Samba 2.2.0Alpha1 domain from Windows 2k

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Tue Dec 5 12:46:02 GMT 2000

Hi,

I have talked to Andrew on this topic and it seems that the problems were
unknown to Andrew and Tim in Canberra.

I have also done some more investigation, and cannot turn up a reason why
it might work for David Bannon and not for me, although I must say that I
have not tried with the latest CVS tree.

I have, however, tried different combinations of name lengths for the
server, and the client name. I have not tried with different domain names
as yest, but it does look like the problem is not related to the length of
the client name etc.

Andrew had suggested that it might be an alignment issue, as they often
manifest themselves in this way.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com