Samba 2.2 and Win2k

Eoin Verling everling at comnitel.com
Fri Dec 1 11:49:15 GMT 2000

Hi,

got the recent CVS of 2.2, trying to get a Win2k machine to join the PDC, I get the following error msg:-

" the credential supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials "

I created the machine a/c, created a user a/c and a "root" a/c ... I'm trying to connect to the domain as user "root" (as in HOWTO)

I've only a simple smb.conf file ... any ideas?

--- SMB.CONF ---

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = COMNITEL_TEST
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        update encrypted = Yes
        root directory = /
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd
        unix password sync = Yes
        log level = 10
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
        domain admin users = root everling
        add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine -d /dev/null -s /bin/false %m$
        logon script = scripts\%U.bat
        logon drive = x:
        domain logons = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        guest account = ftp
        share modes = No

[homes]
        read only = No
        create mask = 0700
        directory mask = 0700
        locking = No
        oplocks = No

Eoin Verling            _/ \_   2200 Cork Airport Business Park,
SysAdmin               / \_/ \  Kinsale Rd., Cork, Ireland.
Comnitel Technologies  \_/ \_/  Ph: +353 21 7305608
everling at comnitel.com    \_/    Fax: +353 21 7305624