Samba 2.2 and Win2k

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Fri Dec 1 13:39:01 GMT 2000

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Eoin Verling wrote:

> Hi,
>
> got the recent CVS of 2.2, trying to get a Win2k machine to join the PDC, I get the following error msg:-
>
> " the credential supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials "
>
> I created the machine a/c, created a user a/c and a "root" a/c ... I'm trying to connect to the domain as user "root" (as in HOWTO)
>
> I've only a simple smb.conf file ... any ideas?

If you map any drives or access any object as other user windows will be
not able to contact the same machine as another user, this is vali on NT,
maybe it is also in w2k, I've not tested.

logoff and try to rejoin without mapping or connecting to any drive on the
PDC with different users!

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451