the logon path blues...

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Thu Aug 31 18:13:54 GMT 2000

James B Curry wrote:

> I am severely depressed :<

Don't let things get you down :-)  Drink some orange juice!
It's sunshine in a bottle!  [sorry...too many commercials
floating around in my head lately]

> I have defined my logon path, where I understand
> the profiles are supposed to save out to.  However, all
> my profiles are still saving out to the user's home
> directory.  What's the deal?  Can't you have a home
> directory independent of the logon path?
<snip...>
> to the config.pol file.  User profiles are enabled.
> I'm using both Win95 and Win98 clients, and all dll's are
> fairly up to date.  (Win95b w/Y2k patches, Win98 v.2)

Win9x ignores logon path.  If you want the directories to
go somewhere other than the user's home directory, you have
to change the ProfileImagePath key in the local systen registry
for each user.

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry at samba.org