Group Policies

James B Curry jbcurry at hline.localhealth.net
Wed Aug 30 15:32:33 GMT 2000

Do Group Policies work on a Linux/Samba server?  (Talking about the
Windows System Policy Editor;  I have a config.pol file sitting out on a
netlogon share.)  Computer and User policies work great, but I just
decided to try out Group policies and nothings happening.
I have a Red Hat Linux 6.0 box running Samba 2.0.6.  The box is the
Primary Domain Controller and thus serves as our NT domain logon point.
All of our clients are Win9x.
If group policies work in this config, where does the group membership
list come from?  The Linux group file?  Or is there something else...?