Error re-joining domain

James D Roman romanjd at udmercy.edu
Tue Aug 29 01:03:14 GMT 2000

I am using Samba 2.0.7 on RH 6.2 as a PDC.  I am reloading
my lab's PCs with NT workstation.  I have gone through and
used `smbpasswd -x hostname` followed by `smbpasswd -a -m
hostname` to delete and re-add computer accounts for the
domain.

After reloading the first client and being able to join it
to the domain, I have been unsuccessful at joining any other
workstations to the domain.  I receive an error each time
that I try stating "Unable to connect to the domain
controller for this domain.  Have your administrator check
the computer account on the domain."  I have gone back and
deleted and re-added the machine accounts to the smbpasswd
file several times without any luck.  Any suggestions?

James D. Roman
Network Administrator
School of Architecture
U of D Mercy