Join NT/win2000 into a Samba Domain

James Nord teilo at cdt.luth.se
Sat Aug 26 11:50:54 GMT 2000

Paul J Collins wrote:

>     Edward> Sam Couter wrote:
>     >>
>     >> Paul J Collins <pjdc at eircom.net> wrote:
>     >> >
>     >> > There is only one good reason to prefer Windows 95 to NT: you need to
>     >> > run a legacy DOS application that NT's DOS subsystem cannot support.
>     >>
>     >> Or if you don't have hardware beefy enough to run NT.
>     >>
>     >> Or if you want to play DirectX games.
>
>     Edward> Or if you need USB.
>
> Nope.  By the way, Windows 2000 Professional is Windows NT too, and it
> does do USB.  How well, I don't know.

I run USB cameras, keyboards, mice, flash card readers etc with no
problems...

As long as you have the drivers ;-)

>     Edward> Or if you need shared interrupts.
>
> I may be mistaken, but you only need those if the machine is jammed
> with hardware.  The machines we are using don't have any expansion
> cards in them at all.

Handled by win2000 if you have a semi decent bios (semi decent == ACPI
compliant and after some specified date...)

2000 rocks ;-)

just another 2cents worth.

/James

--
Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.
	Douglas Adams