Join NT/win2000 into a Samba Domain

Buchan Milne bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Mon Aug 28 07:57:29 GMT 2000

Paul J Collins wrote:

>     Edward> Sam Couter wrote:
>     >>
>     >> Paul J Collins <pjdc at eircom.net> wrote:
>     >> >
>     >> > There is only one good reason to prefer Windows 95 to NT: you need to
>     >> > run a legacy DOS application that NT's DOS subsystem cannot support.
>     >>
>     >> Or if you don't have hardware beefy enough to run NT.
>     >>
>     >> Or if you want to play DirectX games.
>
>     Edward> Or if you need USB.
>
> Nope.  By the way, Windows 2000 Professional is Windows NT too, and it
> does do USB.  How well, I don't know.

Windows 2000 obviously isn't Windows NT, otherwise there wouldn't be a
need for people to run TNG !

--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering       http://www.sun.ac.za/cae
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za