Time offset question & Unaligned trap error

Rick Vargo rick at vargo.org
Sat Aug 26 06:15:00 GMT 2000

I am sorry if this has already been covered but I am having a real tough
time searching through the archives with the switchover to the new SGI
systems at Samba.

I am running TNG 2.6 on RedHat 6.2 on an Alpha and have a couple of issues
that I cannot resolve on my own and could use some expert assistance.

1.  I use the netlogon script to synchronize the time on my workstations
with my server.  The server time is set it EST5EDT and so our the
workstations.  The only problem is after the workstations synchronize they
are set 4 hours ahead (GMT because we are on EDT now).  I have tried playing
with the time offset function in the smb.conf file with no luck.  Anybody
have any suggestions?

2.  Whenever somebody connects to a share over the network, it allows them
to connect but I get the message in my logs "smbd(PID): unaligned trap at
XXXXXXX: XXXXXX"  Any special compiler flags I may be missing for egcs-1.1.2
on an alpha?

I really would appreciate any help anybody could give on this.  Thanks!

Rick Vargo