Samba Development

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Wed Aug 16 19:22:57 GMT 2000

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 01:03:56AM +1000, James W. Beauchamp wrote:
> I certainly hope this issue can be resolved and development can continue
> toward a Samba release version that fully supports domain control, PDC, BDC,
> trusts, etc....
> otherwise, it seems as if I'm doomed to eventually be pushed back to M$ for
> these services :(

Please don't worry. Samba is much bigger than all of
us - if any of us gets run over by a bus (a very unlikely
possibility here in silicon valley :-) then development
continues. No one person is the Team or the code.

The development schedule is unchanged.

> I believe Luke will be sorely missed.

*That* I heartily agree with. I hope you will reconsider Luke,
but if not, good luck !

Cheers,

	Jeremy.