logon script to modify registry setting

Seth Vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Aug 14 16:19:47 GMT 2000

> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
>
> ExcludeProfileDirs
>
> I know regedit.exe can do this, but how do I write a script to modify the
> registry?
>
> I can't just say:
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
> "ExcludeProfileDirs"=REG_SZ:Temporary Internet Files
>
> Any suggestions?  I'm running Samba-2.0.7 as a PDC.

make the changes to a registry then export that particular key to a file.

thatfile should look quite  a bit like the above.

then import that file (which should be a .reg file) by using regedit /s
filename

regedit /s imports the registry update silently.

you also might want to look here:
http://www.jsiinc.com/Reghack.htm

look at making these changes too:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache\Content]M
"CacheLimit"=dword:00001000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache\Cookies]
"CacheLimit"=dword:00002000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache\History]
"CacheLimit"=dword:00002000

-sv