logon script to modify registry setting

Melissa M. Thrush mmt4q at ee.virginia.edu
Mon Aug 14 16:07:06 GMT 2000

Hi,

I am having a problem with large profile sizes, so I've modified my
NTConfig.pol to restrict profile sizes and to exclude directories in the
roaming profile.  However, this will only take affect on new user logons,
correct?  Anyone who has been logging in will still have a large profile
and won't be affected by the Policy Editor, right?  So I was going to try
to use the netlogon\scripts option and write a script that would make a
change to the user's registry when they logged in:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

ExcludeProfileDirs

I know regedit.exe can do this, but how do I write a script to modify the
registry?

I can't just say:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"ExcludeProfileDirs"=REG_SZ:Temporary Internet Files

Any suggestions?  I'm running Samba-2.0.7 as a PDC.

Thanks,

Melissa
--
Melissa Thrush                              Dept. of Electrical Engineering
mthrush at virginia.edu                        University of Virginia