print spool directory filling up

Lars Kirkeskov Pedersen lkp at sophusmedical.dk
Fri Aug 11 06:20:36 GMT 2000

I've never been near a Solaris Machine, but I have one question

> > Ok .. this is a brute force method, but it should work:
> >
> > print command = /usr/bin/lpr  -P%p -r %s;rm %s

Somewhere along the line Michael Glauche wrote:
<citation>
Hmm .. it looks allright, lpr -r tells the unix printing sysgtem to print
and remove the file if it was successfull.
<\citation>

Wouldn't that be better modelled with the command:

print command = /usr/bin/lpr  -P%p -r %s && rm %s
                                         ^^

which, a least as far as I know, only will do rm %s if the first
command is succesfull? (if lpr has sane return values, that is!)

Please forgive my ignorance if this dosn't work, but my curiosity
forced me to ask.

/Lars