print spool directory filling up

Melissa M. Thrush mmt4q at ee.virginia.edu
Thu Aug 10 15:45:06 GMT 2000

Michael,

> lpr -r -Pmaxl5 /etc/resolv.conf
>
> tells lpr to print resolv.conf, then delete it !!
>
> You should check it out with the spool file Samba did generate.
>
> The printing should go like this:
>
> win send file to samba
> samba stores it in the "path" of the [printers] share
> samba calls lpr -r, which should remove that file generated above
>
> So, try the lpr command on the /usr/local/samba/print/... spool
> files, and see if they get deleted after printing.

Thanks for your help.  Unfortunately it appears that the lpr -r command
isn't working on our Solaris 2.6 Samba server.  I can put a file in
/usr/local/samba/print or /tmp and if I use lpr -r filename the file is
printed correctly but never removed.  I have to manually remove it with
the rm command.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Melissa
--
Melissa Thrush                              Dept. of Electrical Engineering
mthrush at virginia.edu                        University of Virginia