print spool directory filling up

Michael Glauche mg at plum.de
Thu Aug 10 14:37:56 GMT 2000

> Thanks for the tip, however I just logged in as one of the users on our
> Samba server and typed the command:  lpr -r -Pmaxl5 /etc/resolv.conf
>
> The file printed fine and I didn't see an entry in /usr/local/samba/print
> so it must be something else related to when the users print from
> Win95/Win98?

Be carefull with that !

lpr -r -Pmaxl5 /etc/resolv.conf

tells lpr to print resolv.conf, then delete it !!

You should check it out with the spool file Samba did generate.

The printing should go like this:

win send file to samba
samba stores it in the "path" of the [printers] share
samba calls lpr -r, which should remove that file generated above

So, try the lpr command on the /usr/local/samba/print/... spool
files, and see if they get deleted after printing.

regards,
   Michael