How to allow / disallow guest

Dr. Dieter Becker db at med-in.uni-sb.de
Fri Apr 28 05:11:58 GMT 2000

Sirs,

I use Samba 2.0.7 as PDC and want to allow guest access (without passwords)
to special regions of our server. If I use in smb.conf:
	map to guest = bad user
then everone can look to the public regions of our server, but als everyone
can logon on every workstation without any password. When I remove this line
in smb.conf the behavior in our domain is ok, but nobody from outside can
look to the server.

How to setup samba for these two conditions:
 - Win_NT-Logons in our domain are only allowed for users with right
passwords
 - Everyone else can look (write) to the pub regions of our samba server

Thank you for your help

Dieter

Dr. med. Dipl.-Math. Dieter Becker
Medizinische Universitäts- und Poliklinik
Innere Medizin III
D66421 Homburg
Tel: 06841 16 3046 / -3077
Fax: 06841 16 3043 / -3385