Win2K joining a Samba TNG 2.5 domain

Paul J Collins pjdc at eircom.net
Fri Apr 28 00:44:35 GMT 2000

    Richard> OK, I now have Win2K build 2128 joining a Samba TNG 2.5
    Richard> domain ...

    Richard> When it does, it comes up with a dialog box prompting for
    Richard> a username and password on the domain that has privileges
    Richard> to join the domain or whatever.

Basically, create a user the same way as any other.  The username
should be the name of the machine with a $ appended.  Samedit will
create the special initial password (the machine name in lower case
Unicode), which is changed by the machine as soon as it joins the
domain.

What may also work is creating the Unix account and entering root and
root's password in the dialog; I haven't tried this with TNG myself
yet.

Paul.

--
Paul Collins <sneakums at eircom.net> - - - - - [ A&P,a&f ]
 GPG: 0A49 49A9 2932 0EE5 89B2  9EE0 3B65 7154 8131 1BCD