undefined symbol

Alfredo Ramos ralf at is.rice.edu
Thu Apr 27 15:53:52 GMT 2000

Hello samba team! Please help me with this problem.

I'm getting the following error when compiling SAMBA_TNG_2_5_GOOD.
Actually, I got the same error when compiling the latest TNG from the cvs
archive from yesterday morning:

Linking bin/smbd
automount_lookup                    bin/.libs/libsamba.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to bin/.libs/smbd
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bin/smbd'

This is, naturally, configured with automount. If I ommit the
--with-automount parameter, it compiles cleanly but, (probably unrelated
but more important), I can't get the NT workstations to join the domain,
and I get segmentation faults when I use smbpasswd to change user
passwords. If I use smbclient to connect to the server with
"\\sambaserver\share -U" it prompts for a password, but then I get a
"failed session setup" message.

I can login with samedit as root and as myself, but not much else.

I've had samba-2.0.6 running for a good while as a PDC for file and print
sharing and domain logons, so I'm not quite "new to samba".

I know that the password file format for the TNG release has changed, and
I followed the indications in Lars' page to set the accounts, but once the
accounts are created, how do you reset the passwords? With release 2.0.6
you use the smbpasswd -a -m machinname command to do it. With TNG, what is
the procedure?

I'm running on a Solaris 2.6 and compiling with gcc. Part of the smb.conf
file follows:

[global]
        workgroup = BOSANOVA_TNG
        server string = Samba Server TNG %v
        netbios name = sulphur
        encrypt passwords = yes
        security = user
        log level = 1
        log file = /usr/site/samba-cvs/var/logs/log.%m_%U
        max log size = 100
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        logon drive = U:
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 65
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        local master = yes
        time server = yes
        dns proxy = No
        wins support = Yes
        hosts allow = 128.42. 127.0.0.1

        domain group map = /opt2/samba-cvs/sunos5/lib/domaingroup.map
        user name map = /opt2/samba-cvs/sunos5/lib/username.map
        local group map = /opt2/samba-cvs/sunos5/lib/localgroup.map
        domain user map = /opt2/samba-cvs/sunos5/lib/domainuser.map

Please help!

Thanks;

Al.

                                           | Alfredo Ramos
This space available for rent.             | New Media & Student Computing
Get your product moving. Advertise here!   | Rice University.