Windows 2000 and Samba PDC

Rick Vargo rvargo at enterprise.iserv.net
Thu Apr 6 21:34:42 GMT 2000

I am using Windows 2000 Professional trying to get it to join my samba
domain.  Anybody able to get this to work?  I was unable to find any
information on this, but I assume that since it will connect to a NT 4.0
domain via netbios, that you can get Win 2K to join a samba domain.

I am using pre-3.0 with the latest (of 4/6) patches.  I have followed all
the directions from the samba web help, and my regular windows clients
connect fine, but I don't have an NT 4.0 box to check against this because
it was reformatted and installed with Win 2K.

I have set logging high and they appear to communicate, but the result
always comes out that "The specified domain does not exist or cannot be
contacted."  The samba machine is the master browser and is setup to do
authentication, the SID file exists, password encryption is active, a
machine account was added in the password and smbpassword files, etc to no
evail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rick