samba-tng 1.8 woes..

geoffrey lee snail_talk at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 03:21:43 GMT 2000

hi,

well basically i'm having trouble with becoming the domain administrator on
samba tng, and profiles. after it's done, i'll definitely make the switch.

right now, when i logon, i only get guest access from the windows nt
diagnostics. i want domain admin access. i understand that this has changed
from the 2.0.x branch to tng, from domain admin user/group to domain group
map = file and local group map = file in smb.conf

i have in domaingroup.map :
user="Domain Admins"

and in localgroup.map :
group="BUILTIN\Administrators"
user=Administrator

and i hve specifieed hem accordingly in smb.conf, and tried to restart the
deaemons and logout and log back in.

result is i still don't hae domain admin access.. :-(
does the user need to be root to have domain admin access, or can i
designate any account to be a domain admin?

also profiles are not working for me .. :-(

i'm updating from 2.0.6 and my prfiles are stored in teh defualt place i.e.
/home/user/profile

but afterr upgrading to tng the profile doesn't load ... :-( :-( :-(

gEoff.