Allow Users Only special PCs W9x / NT

Simon Murcott simonmu at optimation.co.nz
Wed Sep 29 20:35:47 GMT 1999

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Dr. Dieter Becker wrote:

   I want to allow users only special PCs. As example:
   user x should be allowed to logon at PCs a and b and c
   but not at the other 50 PCs.

   This should be done for a lot of users and PCs.

   With lot of effort this could
   be done in the startup-scipt for Win NT. But under
   W9x I don't have any user information in the environnement.

   Is it possible to use some properties of samba
   to do such thing?

You could do it buy having a line in your smb.conf:
include = %U.conf

and then for a user named bob make a bob.conf file and put it in it:
hosts allow = pc1 pc2 pc3

I have no idea if this will work but it is a start.

You will need to disallow anonymous access.

Regards

Simon Murcott