error connecting to 192.168.0.99:445 (Connection refused) ??

Bodo Bürger bodo.buerger at gmx.de
Wed Sep 29 17:57:04 GMT 1999

Hello,

i have samba-2.1.0-prealpha (last code-updated 1999-09-26) on my SuSE 6.1 -
System. In the future I want to have a SAMBA-Server as PDC with 2
NT-Workstations. That's why I turned Password encryption on and enabled
domain logons in my smb.conf.

After making the private/smbpasswd I can sucessfully do something like
this: "smbclient -L myserver -U user".

But if I want to change a password with "smbpasswd user" (tested as root) I
get the message:

error connecting to 192.168.0.99:445 (Connection refused)         [this is
the IP of my samba-server]
New SMB Password: ...

Changing the password is done successfully, but why I'm getting this error?

Also I can't join the SAMBA-Domain with my NT-WKS. Errormessage is: "PDC of
the Domain can not be found".
I follwed all the instructions from ENCRYPTION.TXT, but it isn't working.
What's going on here?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks Bodo

bodo.buerger at gmx.de