Win98-Screensaver causes traffic

Jens Zechlin jens.zechlin at topmail.de
Tue Sep 28 15:58:39 GMT 1999

I've a question about Win98 connected to a samba-server.
If I open on the Win98 machine a file on the samba-server and the
screensaver on the Win98 machine turns on while the file is open it
causes much networktraffic (about 40 packets per second):
The Win98 machine asks continously about the attributes of the
folder which contains the opened file. If I do the same on a Win95
machine theres no networktraffic caused by the opened file.

Does anybody know a cause and perthaps a solution of this
problem??

Thanks!

Jens Zechlin
E-Mail: Jens.Zechlin at topmail.de und j.zechlin at tu-bs.de
Tel.: +49 5109 515408  D2: +49 172 54 21 844
Fax.: +49 5109 515410