Sync issue with encrypted passwords

Lisa Becktold {CADIG STAFF} lisa at USNA.Navy.Mil
Tue Sep 28 14:20:20 GMT 1999

Hi, Seth:

That's a good question....I haven't dealt with error prompts.  Has anyone
else created a "passwd chat" script to handle incorrect input?

Is there any way to make your /usr/bin/passwd program (or wrapper) quit
prompting for the user's old password?  That "old password" seems to be
a showstopper.  On our UNIX server, if root runs "/usr/bin/passwd username",
there is no "old password" prompt - and I believe that samba calls
/usr/bin/passwd as root.

Lisa