Problem inside a NT Domain.

Piet ppz at mail.com
Sat Sep 25 12:17:38 GMT 1999

BECKER Stéphane wrote:

> Hi,

> But there is still two problem I can't seems to solve :
>
> - I've got a performance issue on every computer. Sometimes the computer
> freeze for 5 or 10 seconds this was not happening before the connection of
> the linux server. My guess is that every x minutes the connexion is
> resetted and then the linux server must reidentificate the client by
> sending his password to the NT server. This is quite disapointing, users
> throwing rocks at me.

> So If somebody has got an answer ...

Hmmm,

you give very little information on the linux box you're running, but let me
guess....

Since you're from Germany I believe you're running SuSE, maybe 6.2?

And you're having a 100m ethernet card, maybe Intel etherpro 100?

Well then it may be the buggy driver that comes with SuSE which disconnects
the linux box periodically from the net while on load. Get yourself the
driver from /drivers/net/yourdriver.c (or so) from the official kernel (e.g.
from kernel.org), in case of the intel card having revision 1.06, compile it
give it to the system and you should have solved the issue.....

Other than that, I can't guess ...................