Subnet & Directory for group

Matthias Wächter matthias at waechter.wol.at
Fri Sep 24 07:20:59 GMT 1999

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, riani wrote:

> Hai
> I have problem for client using subnet c class (192.168.70.x). I did set
> samba with domain logon. But client who using subnet cannot login. my
> smb.conf like :
> hosts allow = 192.168.70. , 202.159.x.x
> encryp password = yes
> security = user
> domain logon = yes
> local master =yes
> os level = 65
> win server = 202.159.x.x
> win proxy = yes
> I have set client use WINS but fail login....

try "testparm" and watch the output... the parameters are called "wins
server", "wins proxy" and "encrypt passwords". If you are not familiar
with the terms, try swat and look at the help. Additionally, maybe the
"bind interfaces only" and "interfaces" options are good for your purpose,
too. Look at the archive to see what problems can arise from them if not
used properly.

Sehr Wus,
- Matthias

--
Verkauft für 339,88 Dollar!
	- aus: Groundhog Day (Und täglich grüßt das Murmeltier)