Login from NTWorkstation 4

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Fri Sep 24 04:34:06 GMT 1999

At 01:03 PM 24/09/1999 +1000, jonalee at kalsoft.online.sh.cn wrote:
>Add user account into smbpasswd to type password?
>But how does a admin know everyone's password?

Do you mean so the admin can type them in ? Thats not normally the way it
is done. In my case I get new users to type a passwd on my terminal, one by
one. OK if people are going on to the system sporadicly. In a class
situation I get a list of (~300) students, I use a script to add them all
using a random password and then print out sheets with that passwd on it
for each student. They can then change their passwd to something more
memorable.

There are a number of other stratagies, have a look in the archives for ideas.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au