SAMBA pdc and ldap

Mayers, P J p.mayers at ic.ac.uk
Wed Sep 22 18:33:48 GMT 1999

I'm doing the same thing here (one time password DB in LDAP)

The main problem I've found so far is that if the user already exists:

dn: uid=login, ou=DS, o=Org, c=UK
objectclass: posixAccount
uid: login

(...etc)

"smbpasswd -a" will fail because the entry already exists. Ideally I'd like
it to simply extend the existing entry (objectclass and so forth). I don't
want to have to replicate large portion of the ldap PWDB functionality from
the samba code.

I can't call "smbpasswd -a" first and then add the "objectclass:
posixAccount" because I'm using NSS/PAM_LDAP, and if the posixAccount entry
doesn't exist, the user effectively doesn't exist on the system...

Any ideas? Alternatively how do I go about getting a CVS account };o)

Cheers,
Phil