Samba as PDC w/ Exchange

James Willard james at whispering.org
Tue Sep 21 16:21:17 GMT 1999

Tomas,

    Exchange Administrator gives you the option to either select an existing
account to give the mailbox permissions to or create a new one. If I'm
understanding you correctly, you're having problems when you are trying to
choose to create an account. This is most likely because Exchange uses
strange calls to add users. You should probably create users on the machine
acting as PDC then select them through Exchange Administrator.

   As a side note, you might also want to use Samba 2.1-prealpha if you're
using the PDC functionality. You'll have fewer problems, since NT Domain
code really isn't supported in 2.0.

James Willard, CCNA
james at whispering.org