Roaming Profiles

Rafał Szcześniak rfs at aw.com.pl
Mon Sep 20 14:47:37 GMT 1999

Cynthia La Vigne wrote:

> Can someone please direct me to the site which will tell me how to set
> up roaming profiles using samba.  I have read numerous discussions
> regarding problems that users are having but haven't found anything on
> how to set it up from the start.
>
> Does my samba server have to be my PDC or is it possible for my PDC to
> be an NT machine and just have the username.dat files reside on my samba
> server?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cynthia La Vigne
> clavigne at auburn-hills.org

Q1. Instructions "step by step" you'll find in your samba source
    subtree ./doc/textdocs/DOMAIN.txt and ./doc/textdocs/DOMAIN_CONTROL.txt
Q2. Your samba box can be PDC and domain member. Basic information about
    this topic are in ./doc/textdocs/DOMAIN_MEMBER.txt

Additional information are available at NT-DOMAIN FAQ:
    http://pl.samba.org/samba/docs/ntdom_faq/samba_ntdom_faq.html
(choose your closest mirror :))

greetings :)
Rafał