NT printing code - spoolss?

Dave.Stevenson at durham.ac.uk Dave.Stevenson at durham.ac.uk
Thu Sep 16 15:53:32 GMT 1999

CVS 2.1.xprealpha

Having fun at the bleeding edge but...

has anyone managed to make the printer queue display "refresh" other than by hitting
the refresh button? I can print, refresh manually etc etc OK but doesn't
seem to update itself.

printers connected via a local port with \\server\printer_name seem to work fine and
periodically refresh.

Guess one is locally managed and monitored but the other is done by samba.

Is there queue monitoring stuff in place in the NT/spoolss code yet?
If so can someone point me to it, and to the LANMAN equivalent I'd
be interested.

UNIX printers are remote ... if that may be a factor? ie jobs disappear very quickly
so queues are nearly always empty - lpq cache time is 10 secs

NT4 SP3 though SP5
Solaris 2.6 Samba CVS HEAD as of Mon 12th Sep