Publisher and Samba 2.0.5a

Simon Murcott simonmu at optimation.co.nz
Wed Sep 8 00:19:25 GMT 1999

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Norman Weathers wrote:

   Hello, everyone.

   Just have a question about Publisher 97 and samba version 2.0.5a.
   I have that version running on a RedHat 6 server, Gateway 2000
   PII 266 with 64 M Ram.  I have a public directory setup so that
   our office people can share some important files.  In this directory,
   there is a series of Publisher 97 files.  Now, here is the problem.
   Usually, an our Office worker account owns these files.  Recently,
   one of my directors needed to edit one of the publisher files.
   The permissions on all of the files where 766, so everyone had
   read and write permissions.  Then, all of the sudden, the file that
   he was working on wouldn't allow him to save the file back to the
   pub directory.  First, it gave him a message about the disk being
   full (I checked, I have quota's enabled, and the Office worker

What really sucks about publisher is that it is a big jumble of both win16 and
win32 code. When you do not have name-mangling setup you can get all sorts of
odd error messages. Try this in your smb.conf

 case sensitive = no
 default case = lower
 mangle case = no
 mangled names = yes