Problem compiling SAMBA with ldap support

Ignacio Coupeau icoupeau at unav.es
Fri Sep 3 14:54:06 GMT 1999

"Nixon, Shon" wrote:

> Don't know if this will help, but this was from the actual compile on
> screen:
>
> I get the following errors:
>
> checking how to get filesystem space usage
> checking statvfs64 function (SVR4)... no
> checking statvfs function (SVR4)... no
> checking for 3-argument statfs function (DEC OSF/1)... no
> checking for two-argument statfs with statfs.bsize member (AIX, 4.3BSD)...
> no

the only problem I remember was fixed compiling and installing the
kernel 2.2.10.
If the problem persists, try the source-HEAD-990707 via CVS. We compiled
it fine linux 5.2 (intel).

> >From last message:
>
> I have downloaded the latest samba code (2.1.X) and am trying to compile it
> with ldap support on a RH 5.2 Linux box. I have compiled and installed
> openldap 1.2.6 and have it running. I have followed Dr. Coupeau's latest FAQ
> (thanks very much for the time and effort sir) by moving the include and
> library files to /usr/include and /usr/lib and trying to compile with no
> luck. Then I tried inserting the LDAPFLAGS statement and editing the FLAGS1

If you copy the includes and the libs in the standard path (/usr/lib,
/usr/include), you don't need modify the FLAGS... I modified this in the
recent howto...

Ignacio

Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D.     e-mail: icoupeau at unav.es
CTI, Director              fax:    948 425619
University of Navarra      voice:  948 425600
Pamplona, SPAIN            http://www.unav.es/cti/