Netbios alias problem

Frank Oh oh at geology.ohio-state.edu
Thu Sep 2 03:15:54 GMT 1999

At 03:04 PM 9/1/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Frank Oh wrote:

>> >     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> >
>> >So the only user who is allowed to connect has the
>> >username of 'labsoft'.  Is this what you intended?
>>
>> ONLY USER WHO IS ALLOWED TO CONNECT IS "OH" USER OR
>> ANYONE WHO BELONGS TO LABSTAFF GROUP.
>
>Frank,
>
>I'm gonning to give you the benefit of the doubt and
>assume that you caps lock key was on.  I would
>appreciate you not typing in all caps.
Sorry

>The %S macro expands to the name of the current service.
>In this case, that is 'labsoft'.  Could you explain why
>'valid users = labsoft' allows only those users in the
>@labstaff group to connect?  Sorry if I'm being dense
>here.
It is a mistake.
It should be "valid users = @labstaff" (I want only labstaff group could
access pclab computer)
Even I changed it, same problem. I can't access pclab.

>Also what do the debug logs, say around level 10, say
>on a failed connection?

I couldn't find any about failed connection or any like that. Even I look
at I don't quite understand it well.
Would like to take look at it?

>> >Are you sure this worked?
>>
>> YES IT'S WORKED.
>
>I'll take your word on it.
>
>One thing I noticed after reading your original post wa
>
>> Currently main samba server (netbios name: kenshin) is
>> running as PDC and there aren't any problem login from
>> Win9x clients. I added the following
>> lines to smb.conf:
>>
>> netbios aliases = pclab
>> include = /usr/local/samba/lib/%L.conf
>>
>> and I created pclab.conf on /usr/local/samba/lib/ directory.
>>
>> pclab.conf simply looks like this:
>
>If you include the file in the [global] section, it may
>cause some subtle errors as any parameters which follow
>the included file eill be considered to be part of the
>service just defined.  smbd should log these errors
>in the debug file, although I cannot verify this at
>the moment.
Yeah, when I run 'testparm':
Load smb config files from /etc/smb.conf
Can't find include file /usr/local/samba/lib/.conf
Processing section "[ml356]"
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[netlogon]"
Processing section "[software]"