Netbios alias problem

Frank Oh oh at geology.ohio-state.edu
Wed Sep 1 22:29:33 GMT 1999

I'll trying to separate some group shares in two with netbios alias
parameter.
Currently main samba server (netbios name: kenshin) is running as PDC and
there aren't any problem login from Win9x clients. I added the following
lines to smb.conf:

netbios aliases = pclab
include = /usr/local/samba/lib/%L.conf

and I created pclab.conf on /usr/local/samba/lib/ directory.

pclab.conf simply looks like this:

[labsoft]
   comment = PC Lab software (Labstaff only)
   path = /home/export/smb/labsoftware
   writeable = yes
   valid users = %S
   locking = yes
   create mode = 0770
   directory mode = 0770
   force group = labstaff

Problem that i have is I cannot browse the pclab computer from Network
Neighborhood. I don't have problem browsing the main samba server
(kenshin). When I click pclab computer I get a dialog box
------
|"Enter Network Password" 				|
|You must  supply a password to make this connection:	|
|							|
|Resource: \\PCLAB\IPC$				|
|Password:						|
------

I am assuming that it doesn't send correct username or something.
>From the server, I could login by running smbclient command:
'smbclient //pclab/labsoft -U oh

Any idea?