Strange Login Problem

Matthias Wächter matthias at waechter.wol.at
Fri Oct 29 07:25:26 GMT 1999

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, James W. Beauchamp wrote:

> Correction to my earlier message:
> I CANNOT browse directly to that resource through Network Neighborhood.
> Does the domain controller prevent access to ALL resources unless they are
> specifically shared? I am a newbie at this so please bear with me.  This
> particular resource is simply a Win95 machine not set up to do network
> logons.  We use it as a file server for our work

Afaik, you have to authenticate on Win95 for being able to browse the
network. Since Win95 only knows "one" username and can only administer
different passwords (on different servers f.e.), you have to login using
the normal dialog (preceding explorer).

Sehr Wus,
- Matthias

--
Wer reitet so spät durch Nacht und Wind?
- Wos waas I