[RFC] LDAP user management tools

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Oct 13 22:02:03 GMT 1999

Seth Vidal wrote:

> I think more and more users will be apt to like
> the unix pw and smb pw on one LDAP server.

Sun's Directory Service integrates theit NIS, NIS+
and LDAP server somewhat.  The best idea
for easy of transition would be PAM-ldap
or something similar.

> I'm thinking of making these perl tools nice little
> 3 tier apps that can be plugged, pleasantly into a web
> framework so you can have users update their own info
> (w/i reason of course) and have the internal configuration
> select whether it needs to reference the flat file
> or an LDAP database.

Over a SSL of course.  Would be fairly simple i think
(but then I haven't done it yet, so...)

jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )