Samba 2.0.6 PDC - almost there, but stuck for no

Geoffrey Lee snail_talk at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 15:09:34 GMT 1999

Hi all,

Seems ther'es lots of contribution to this ...

It's not confusing at all. The earliest samba that I used is 2.0.3 which
supports NT logons just fine. it currently supports WINS, NT PDC, SMB file
sharing, assignation of domain admin accounts, and other things as well.
(just take a look at at the smb.conf manual.). however NT PDC support is not
yet complete. The "stable" NT PDC code is due to appear in 2.1 well even
it's not yet official in 2.0, it does not mean it does not work. there are
some things that are incomplete (such as using the add machine account in
the network control panel applet in NT) but there are workaround for this.
You just need to create it on the server. Btw 9x domain logons is of course
official.

2.1 's not released yet, but you can grab the cvs source. The cvs source
allows you to take advantage of using the latest developments in samba, but
they don't guarantee that it's stable and anyway, code checkins are often...