Samba as PDC and NT-Server in the same (ip) broadcast domain)

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Sat Nov 27 11:36:58 GMT 1999

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999 01:37:46 +1100, hai scritto:

>But I want to offer all our students a personal login (account) in
>our PC-Pools (all student can work there. At this moment with a standard
>login for all PCs), so that they would have their www-home-path (exported
>by samba) and their home-dir (samba...) automatically mounted...

Then try:
- set up samba as a simple "pc" (no preferred master, no domain logons)
on the same workgroup of the nt domain so that it will show up in the
global browse list.
- set up user accounts on the samba server.

then people with their nt set to logon to the nt domain, should be able
(without any settings changes) to access the samba server too using
normal auth.

giulioo at pobox.com