Win2000 Pro RC2 can't find the Domain controller

Matt Chapman matty at cifs.org
Mon Nov 15 12:19:54 GMT 1999

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 11:01:09PM +1100, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> Hmmm, before that, we are responding to the GETDC wrongly.  We do not
> notice that the mailslot is \MAILSLOT\NET\NETLOGON rather than
> \MAILSLOT\NET\NTLOGON so we truncate the response, which probably confuses
> Win2000.

Ah, I get it! Look at the structures in cifslog.txt. If we are on
\MAILSLOT\NET\NETLOGON we include the LM20Token (which we don't currently
do). If we are on \MAILSLOT\NET\NTLOGON we return both the LM20Token and
the LMNTToken. Makes a lot of sense.

Actually, now that we hardcode the NT version why don't we hardcode those
both to 0xFFFF; that's what the spec defines them as.

	Matt

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman
SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member