Win2000 Pro RC2 can't find the Domain controller

Matt Chapman matty at cifs.org
Mon Nov 15 12:10:58 GMT 1999

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 11:01:09PM +1100, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> Hmmm, before that, we are responding to the GETDC wrongly.  We do not
> notice that the mailslot is \MAILSLOT\NET\NETLOGON rather than
> \MAILSLOT\NET\NTLOGON so we truncate the response, which probably confuses
> Win2000.

Yeah, I noticed that the first time round (that's what I was referring to
by "I think our criteria for including the extra information is incorrect"),
but I'm not sure what the exact behaviour should be.

I remember changing that part of the code (in the opposite way I think)
because we were returning too much information to Win95 clients (? check
CVS logs). I think checking the ntversion is not the correct thing to
do either, as an NT4 domain controller doesn't know about any version other
than its own.

We need to create a table of which client wants how much data on which
mailslot. There must be some simple rule to it!

	Matt

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman
SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member