NT PDC & Samba

Peter Köhler koehler at idas.de
Mon Nov 8 08:09:20 GMT 1999

Mike,

an extract of your smb.conf would have been helpful.
I assume you have set

security = domain
password server = <your domain controller>
encrypt passwords = yes

and followed the procedure to make the Linux box a
member ot the domain.

This will allow users to connect to the Linux Samba server
with their NT Domain userid-password combination.
To gain proper access to the shares, however, you must
either have matching user accounts on the Linux Box
(could be a different or illegible password) or you must
use

force user = <linuxuser>

for your share to map the - authenticated - user to an
existing Linux user name.

Peter
Dr. Peter Koehler +++ IDAS GmbH
Holzheimer Str. 96 +++ D-65549 Limburg +++ Germany
Phone: +49-6431-404-14 +++ Fax: +49-6431-404-10
eMail: koehler at idas.de