Long file names for WIN 9x Clients

Burt Avery ba2k at virginia.edu
Thu Nov 4 13:10:58 GMT 1999

Peter:

I could be stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place. Testing
shows that reverting the nt smb support setting in smb.conf to the default
value of Yes eliminates the disappearing file problem. In my case, i
suppose that I will have to accept the fact that the access date, while
important, is less critical than ensuring that file owners can access files
thay they create or have previously created.

Thanks for the response. The timestamp is an issue I will have to recognize
and deal with eventually.

-ba-